Sunday 18 October 2009

MEET THE ALASIA HEAD CHEF...JAMES PERRY


Our 60 second interview with James

What is your favourite ingredient?
James...fresh lemon juice. It only has to be a hint, but it is sensational, especially in Italian cooking.

What is your favourite dish to make in 60 seconds?
James...well it takes a bit more than 60 seconds, but I can be pretty quick and that is grilled wild mushrooms with lemon juice and olive oil, then flash paned and served on toasted ciabatta.
(we say, thumbs up to that one).

What is your favourite item on our new evening menu?
James...I love the cracked black pepper ice cream. It is just so wrong, but oh, so right. The mix of cold on hot rump is incredible.

What have you just made?
James...Vanilla & balsamic dressing. We only use high quality ingredients, so our vanilla is A-grade, and mixed with our balsamic syrup and a little oil, it goes great on our salads and swirled through our soup.

Favourite celeb chef?
James...Hugh & Jamie every time.

How does your favourite celeb chef inspire you?
James...When I move to a bigger house with a garden, I want to keep chickens for the eggs and to slaughter. Nothing better than knowing where your chicken has come from. Every time I read through Hugh's book, I just want to grow my own, rear my own, slaughter my own.

The Alasia...keeping an eye on James.

What's cooking?
Next week is all about the pumpkin. Sweet & savoury pumpkin pies just for Halloween. We are keeping a close eye on our home made Christmas Plum Pudding, and getting ready for Christmas. We have sourced gorgeous Somerset lamb.

The Alasia...Thanks James, you are our star.

No comments:

Post a Comment